Please post any energy snafus here. Fires, outtages of any kind, major leaks, sunken rigs, etc, etc,
As of February 25, 2007: this was the short list of annoying but short term events.
- VLO refinery: McKee, Tx 158,000 bopd refinery still “several weeks away from restart.”
- Imperial refinery outtage: Expects to run it’s 118,000 bopd capacity Ontario refinery at reduced rates through mid March. Serious shortages and the closure of several filling stations have been reported in the greater Toronto area.
- BP’s Northstar Field In Alaska: 47,000 bopd offline since around Feb 17th and won’t be up for a few weeks as far as I can tell. If it’s not one BP field it’s another. I’d say statements like that are unfair since they have so many fields but then you read stories about how management opted to substitute water for corrosion inhibiting chemicals and I gotta yell come on!
- TEPPCO refined products pipeline reopened– down a good bit of last week this 240,000 bopd refined products line was coming back up towards full pressure last Friday.
- Houston Ship Channel: The Channel was shut due to Fog last Thursday. If you’ve ever driven into Houston at high speed before dawn you know fog there is no joke. No word yet as to when it will or if it has indeed reopended. This could easily prompt a draw in crude inventories this week and a bigger one next week if the waterway is not quickly reopened.
- Elk Hills is slowly returning to normal capacity of 120,000 bopd after a 20 day outtage due to a natural gas explosion in the field.